Suicide or Self-injury
We are concerned about the health and well-being of all of our UPDEEDers. We believe that raising mental health awareness and understanding is vital and we do allow individuals/ organizations to talk about these concerns on UPDEED because we want it to be a place where people can share their stories, raise awareness about these issues, and get support from one another. But, we don’t allow people to celebrate or advocate suicide or self-injury, either intentionally or unintentionally.
Any content that advocates suicide or self-injury is removed. We also remove information that seriously, jokingly, or rhetorically identifies and adversely targets victims or survivors of suicide or self-injury, as well as real-time portrayals of suicide or self-injury.
If any mental health, suicide, or self-harm-related content you come across has a negative impact on you, remember that there is help available and that you are not alone. If you suspect someone is in danger, contact your local emergency services or report the post to bring it to our attention.
Do not post: –
- Self-harming photos that are graphic.
- Content that encourages or glorifies suicide or self-harm is prohibited.
- Instructions on how to commit suicide or self-harm are provided.
- Videos depicting the events leading up to a suicide attempt or footage of a suicide rescue without appropriate context.
- Suicide notes or letters that aren’t properly contextualized.
- Content that depicts or instructs participants in suicide and self-harm challenges.
- Content aimed for minors that deals with suicide or self-harm.
If you come across any such content that violates our guidelines, please report it to customer support.