The “One Good Deed a Day” approach for happiness
Doing something unexpectedly good for someone else. Especially someone you don’t even know may restore love and respect, and positivity. Just one good deed a day may instill in you a sense of purpose, a sense that your life has value.
Have you ever met someone who seems to radiate positive energy and happiness who shines from within and lights up a room full of people without saying a word?
Have you ever wondered how people stay sane even in the hard times of their lives? It’s not always the rich or the famous people with high stature in society. It could be you or anyone.
Above all, it’s the people who have love, contentment, and happiness embedded in them. And, this charisma comes with an everyday practice of positive attitude and confidence. In addition, these practices could be small acts that you do in your day-to-day lives.
One Good Deed a Day is Enough to Brighten the World
One good deed a day can provide tremendous value to your life and the people with whom you interact. Doing something for no cause can bring happiness to you and others around you. Eventually, it can make you feel humane and give a purpose to your life.
As a result, these good deeds become a habit and act as magnets for more positive energy to enter your life.
Similarly, many things can bring an enormous amount of positivity and happiness to your life, and some of them are here:
Do Random Acts of Kindness
You can brighten someone’s day with your random act of kindness. In other words, take a small amount of time out of your day to put a smile on other people’s faces and make them happy.
- Pick up your parents or friends from the airport with a bouquet to say “welcome home.”
- Make a fresh dinner and get it delivered to your friends or relatives who aren’t well.
- Start by fostering animals for holidays
- Plant a tree
- Help a friend in need
Doing something exceptional for someone else, especially someone you don’t know, is extraordinary. Therefore, it can enrich and empower lives. Amid loneliness and depression, it can help restore the love, respect, and positivity one lacks.
You never know your one good deed a day approach could save the day for someone. However, this way you can find happiness by simply helping people around you.
Volunteer in your Community
The component of working with people that involves socializing can affect your overall psychological well-being. A meaningful connection with another person is the best way to relieve stress.
- Working with animals, including pets, has been shown to improve mood. Animals can also reduce stress and anxiety.
- By monitoring hormones and brain activity, researchers discovered that helping others can give a lot of happiness. As, humans are pre-programmed to offer others.
Volunteering can help you cope with stress, anger, and worry. Many people nowadays face anxiety issues, depression, and loneliness. You can try going out and helping others with their problems.
You will monitor a change and feel better when you help others or contribute more to society. Even if you just feel that way once a day, it might be the difference between despair and happiness. Therefore, you can become a part of the helping community on UPDEED and support other people.
Spread Love Wherever you can
Don’t you think love is a comforting emotion? Anyone who has known unconditional love can relate to this. Love is a two-way street, and you can spread love wherever you go. It can make you happier and healthier in a variety of ways. It could be;
- A cuddly gesture with your pet
- A good morning text to your parents who live in another city
- A big smile when greeting the pizza delivery guy
- Saying thank you to people at the coffee shops
You don’t have to give up any of your time or money to spread the love around you. Principally, sometimes a grip on the shoulder can be soothing and reassuring, and letting someone know you’re there for them and that you care for them can make people happy.
You don’t need to make a spectacular gesture to make a difference in someone’s life. And so, one good deed a day and small acts of kindness is enough. Hence, this mutual feeling of being loved and appreciated leads to better self-esteem, growth, and successful life.
Help People in Need
You must never look for a reason to help those who yearn for support. Extending a helping hand not only vanishes tears off their face but also acts as a cure for themselves.
Let us not forget how difficult the last few years have been for the majority of people. As a result, anxiety, sadness, and mental disease have skyrocketed. Even during the chaos, many went out to do nice things and helped others. It is not always necessary to spend a lot of money to make someone else happy.
Helping people in handling disturbing thoughts is the kindest thing you can do. This will not only make their lives better but will give you some sense of appreciation as well. You can help people in multiple ways;
- Make a recurring donation of your own money to a charity of your choice.
- Choose from those in your immediate neighborhood to people in need all over the world.
- Help people by donating and serving food to feed those in need.
- Give your bus or train seat to an elderly person or a pregnant lady.
- Some people give gently used clothing every time they buy something new. Others give unwanted clothing they’ve outgrown or haven’t worn in a long time to charity.
- If you want to help a good cause, your worn clothing donations could be a great help to someone in need. You may know a new parent who is struggling financially, and you may help them by donating your children’s items.
Disadvantaged people are typically lonely and vulnerable. This includes the homeless population and the orphans. They fight to stay alive every day. Eventually, by helping these people you are giving meaning to your life. This feeling can make the difference between your loneliness and happiness.
You will see a difference between your older unhappy self and the new you. And next time you see someone in need you will not pass a judgment. Instead, you will help them.
As a result, the one good deed a day approach, become a habit and acts as a magnet for more positive energy to enter your life. Just like our changemakers are doing by their small acts of kindness on UPDEED.
UPDEED is a positive space on the internet and a leading networking platform that unites global changemakers. It aims to encourage individuals who are willing to make a difference in their lives.
Let’s check out how people with their deeds are spreading joy to make this world a better place.
Now download the UPDEED app!