How to Make Your Day Productive
It doesn’t matter what you do or where you work – everyone wants to make their day productive. But with a wide range of day-to-day responsibilities, it often becomes difficult to attain overall productivity. Due to this, people with a busy schedule often feel overwhelmed and stressed in the process of making their day productive.
Here are 7 Habits that you Need to Put into Play to Make Your Day Productive
Sorting your day and adding a few techniques into your day-to-day routine can make it easy for you to tackle all your home and work-related responsibilities together. However, this may require reshuffling your good or bad habits, but sorting the day out beforehand can help you yield fantastic results.
You can make your day more productive by adding techniques related to effective prioritization and self-motivation to your daily routines.
Here is how you can make your day productive by following simple steps;
1. Start by Planning Your Day a Night Before
The first few hours of your morning are the most productive hours of the day, but only if you know what to do with it. In that case, before you go to bed, you should plan the first few hours of the next day. It is a fact that most successful people plan their day the night before, and it saves them an ample amount of time in the morning.
“You must have noticed I only wear blue and grey suits. By doing so, I’m trying to pare down decisions and save my morning time since I have too many important decisions to make”.President Obama
- It means when you have fewer decisions to make in the morning, and you exactly know what to do, which will save your energy and time.
2. Follow a Goooood Morning Schedule!
It is important how you start your day. If you start your day on a positive note, it decides how you will work throughout the day.
According to the Japanese philosophy of Ikigai, you should have a reason to wake up every morning, which in turn will help you live a long and fulfilling life. By starting your day at 7 AM instead of 9 AM, you can add a few extra hours to your day. But if you wake up late you are likely to have an unproductive day. Consider doing activities that will charge up your energy levels. It is helpful if you go for a walk outside, climb the stairs, or do some yoga. It will make you feel energetic and productive throughout the day.
3. Eat Healthy Food
When it comes to accomplishing your goals and being productive at work or home, you need to fuel yourself up.
Before you start your day, you should brew yourself a nice cup of tea or coffee. The small acts will give you a sense of pride, as it was not just different from your usual wakeups, but you did a few good things as well.
- It will encourage you to kick start your day and do all the tasks with the same energy throughout the day. It will also help in building strong memory focus and stabilize your mood.
- You need to make sure, apart from coffee or energy drinks, you have plenty of water and add fruits, seeds, meat, and greens to your diet. To be more productive, you should maintain your energy levels throughout the day.
4. Focus on One Thing at a Time
Your productivity depends on what and how you feed your brain. If you plan to get tasks done during your workday, you need to act smartly. It will not require you to need to do all your assigned tasks simultaneously to close all in 8 hours.
We know the focus is the only key to perfection, and one should avoid multitasking as it drops Human IQ an average of 10 points. It is more beneficial if you do all your tasks with more efficiency and effectiveness, and see for yourself if you need to fit in doing all the sanctioned tasks in 8 hours.
- For those of you who check their emails compulsively, you need to plan a morning, afternoon, and evening slot to manage your inbox.
- By doing this, you are giving your brain a positive affirmation to process the whole day. It can help you stay mentally stable all day long and turn into fewer distractions and more focus.
5. Take Breaks
After several long hours of work, you should take a break. The human brain is most likely to get tired after long working hours and a moment for refreshment is a must.
You should try reading some motivational blogs or grab lunch or a snack or you can have a quick phone call with your loved ones to gain some positivity amid your hectic schedule.
- However, it is equally important to plan your lunch and coffee breaks as it allows you to refresh and get back to work with the same energy and mindset.
- By correctly scheduling your day and taking sufficient breaks in between, you can channel your energy which will help you complete the targeted work by the end of the day.
6. Celebrate Each Day of Your Life
Focus on productivity sometimes may let you forget to celebrate successes along the way. Humans are more likely to be more efficient on the days they feel excited about their work. It is equally important to celebrate every moment of your life, as it can make a difference to how you work in work culture.
- Surrounding yourself with more positive people and being thankful for what you have, gives you a sense of achievement and appreciation.
- One should practice encouraging everyone around themselves to share even small wins and make the time and effort to celebrate those wins as a team.
7. Take a Relaxed ‘Gooooood Night’ Sleep!
Sleep and a quality life go hand in hand. As you sleep, your body tissues repair and strengthen. It also creates hormones that build your immune system. Sleep is also responsible for your mental health, mood, and brain function.
A person with sleep deprivation is not likely to feel refreshed when they wake up in the morning.
- You can start by establishing a night-time ritual of limiting your alcohol or caffeine intake.
- You can replace your coffee with chamomile tea. And reduce your screen time before you go to bed or instead replace it with reading a book.
The key to productivity is feeling productive. It’s significant that you celebrate your success and appreciate yourself for what you have become. The journey of productivity is all about planning things and making the most of your life every day. Apart from this, do more of what makes you happy to reflect upon the positivity and productivity- as productivity depends upon the way we feel within. Use the internet wisely and see what people around the globe are doing to make their day productive. Check out UPDEED for more inspiration.
UPDEED is a positive space on the internet and an overall leading productive platform. It seeks to empower every person in the online ecosystem. Now you can make your day more positive and productive by downloading the UPDEED App.
To download the app now!
Read UPDEED App Review